To solidify some of the plans, we need to specify the appliances. After some field work and a trip to the Great Indoors, here’s what we’ve come up with (click on each named appliance for a link to that product’s description and specs):
- Sink: Blanko 1 1/2 Bowl undermount (black)
- Cooksink: Kohler Pro Cooksink Model K 3396
- Dishwasher: Kitchenaid Architect II custom-panel (U Series)
- Cooktop: Kitchenaid Arch. II series 36 inch (black)
- Oven: Kitchenaid Architect Series 30inch True Convection (black)
- Hood: GE Monogram Euro style 36 inch hood
We have not settled on the refrigerator. We want to move it from the side wall to the “wall of books”, directly behind the counter. The goal here is to minimize the “work triangle” between the sink, the range/stove and the refrigerator. To avoid going too deep through the wall we have been looking at the “cabinet” depth refrigerators.
- Shower control / valve: Hansgrohe Solaris ThermoBalance (Item 06635000)
- Shower bar (for handheld): Hansgrohe “Unica’A set” (Item: HG 27825000)
- Hand-shower: Hansgrohe Clubmaster
or else Hansgrohe Aktiva A8
Haven’t decided whether to go with chrome or brass finish. Everything comes in chrome, of course, but with the craftsman motif we will have some copper touches and the brass would go with that a bit better.
- Fireplace: Heat-n-glo Gas 3-sided Fireplace
We’re hoping to get the plans into shape for submitting for bids in September or October. We’ll see how it goes…